Working at EMR
We are proud to be one team at EMR.
It is our vision to drive the East Midlands towards a brighter future, working in partnership to connect cities, support communities and create easier journeys for everyone.
Four times accredited as a Top Employer, our 2,500 colleagues are the reason why EMR is so successful. Passionate about delivering easier journeys for our customers every day, each employee in the business makes a crucial contribution...and it gets better!
Over the coming years we are:
- Investing £600 million to bring customer improvements to our services, trains and stations.
- Introducing a new environmentally friendly intercity fleet on our routes to and from London as well as refurbishing to faster and modern regional fleets across the rest of our network.
- Introducing a new website and mobile app, to improve ticket-buying facilities and encourage the use of Smartcards to streamline travel experience.
- Investing in our people – who make all of this possible.
It is an exciting time to join the EMR team and be part of putting these improvements into action.
We have opportunities across all departments so check out live vacancies on our careers site:
Our values underpin our identity. They demonstrate how we treat our passengers and each other and help us deliver our business vision: To help provide easier journeys every day for our passengers.
- We are one Team
- We Embrace Diversity
- We Keep People Safe
- We Delight our Customers
- We Do The Right Thing
- Hop on and Off of trains on the EMR network, and TOCs that are part of the Abellio Group for FREE!! You’ll also receive a generous discount on other train operators for you, a partner and dependent children.
- Defined benefit pension scheme from day one.
- Discounted train tickets for Friends & Family.
- Full uniform for customer-facing roles and some Engineering roles.
- Opportunities to volunteer or do charity work in your local community.
- Charity fund matching scheme.
- Exclusive employee discount scheme offering fantastic savings on high-street and online retailers.
- Halfords Cycle2Work Scheme.
- Employee Assistance Programme.
- Awards and recognition prizes for those going the extra mile.
- Annual passengers: 26.7 million
- Employees: 2,500
- Network size: 963 miles
- Stations: 91 Stations
- Current Fleet: HST, Meridian, Class 15x
- New Fleet being introduced in from 2020: Class 170, Class 360 and Bi-mode Units
We embrace diversity at EMR and we’re committed to ensuring both customers and colleagues are treated fairly and are valued equally, irrespective of disability, race, gender, health, social class, sexual orientation, marital status, nationality, religion or belief, employment status or age.
We promote a positive working environment for all current and potential staff, enabling them to enjoy equality of opportunity in the workplace. This is embraced in our values: to create a sense of belonging, to innovate, to be commercially excellent, to be supportive, honest and open with each other.
To enrich our workplace diversity, we work in partnership myGwork and we are four times accredited by Top Employers. We have also partnered up with Inclusive Employers to help drive and deliver our diversity and Inclusion strategy.
Ready to apply? Check out our application hints and tips.