How to get in touch
Need help with something related to travelling with us? There are a number of ways you can contact us:
Or try our EMR Digital Assistance who can quickly help answer queries or point you in the right direction to get help. Just click on the link at the bottom of this page.
Make a bike reservation Lost property Data subject access request
Click here to complete our Data Subject Access Request form
Need help with something else?
Provide feedback (good or bad) about our services.
You can contact us directly on our Facebook, Twitter and WhatsApp channels
Our team aims to respond within 10 minutes however at busier times this may take a little longer. Please include as much information as possible in your initial message, this will make sure we have everything we need to handle your query.
Stay vigilant on social media
We’ve seen increased numbers of fake accounts pretending to be EMR on social media. These accounts use the EMR profile name, bio, profile image and cover photo.
To make sure you are talking directly to us:
- Check the Twitter handle of the account. We use the handle @EastMidRailway on Twitter
- Check how long the account has been open. We opened our account in October 2008 under our previous East Midlands Trains franchise
- Our team will always sign off messages with our initials
- We’ll never just ask for your bank details or a phone number through social channels or WhatsApp
- If we’re handling your complaint, we’ve got multiple ways to process your compensation and we’ll offer you a choice
- You can choose not to provide these details over social media. Instead you can email our customer services team at [email protected] or call our team on 03457 125678.
If you are unsure please do not give out any personal data. Contact us through out contacts page or through the Facebook, Twitter and WhatsApp links above to be confident you are speaking to us directly.
The answer to your question may already be online. Here are some of our most popular topics:
- Our Delay Repay scheme
- Disruption and train status alerts
- Policies and procedures
- Reporting lost property
- Making changes to your ticket
- Booking assisted travel
Or, see if your question is in our FAQs .
Find out how we collect and manage your data.
If you’re unhappy with the response you receive from us, you have the right to appeal to The Rail Ombudsman.
The Rail Ombudsman is there to help resolve on going complaints between us and our customers. It’s free to use their services and they are independent of the rail industry.
You can appeal to the Rail Ombudsman if:
you’re unhappy with our final response to your complaint which will be contained in a letter or email (sometimes called a ‘deadlock letter’); or
we haven’t resolved your complaint within 40 working days of receiving it; and
No more than 12 months have passed since we sent you our final response.
Telephone: 0330 094 0362
Textphone: 0330 094 0363
Email: [email protected]
Post: FREEPOST – RAIL OMBUDSMAN