Where we can take you
EMR operates long distance services to and from London St Pancras and regional services linking the East Midlands with Central and Northern England.
Our trains can also connect you with four UK airports, as well as trains to Europe via London St Pancras.
Intercity services to London
We operate a fast, frequent service between London and key East Midlands destinations including Leicester, Derby, Nottingham, Sheffield and East Midlands Parkway.
We run four fast Intercity trains an hour to and from London St Pancras, with a journey time to Sheffield of just 2 hours and 1 minute.
All the trains on our Intercity trains First Class carriages.
EMR Connect services to London
EMR Connect provides a frequent and convenient service between Corby and London St Pancras.
Services run in both directions every 30 minutes, calling at Corby, Kettering, Wellingborough, Bedford, Luton, Luton Airport Parkway and London.
EMR Connect is operated by Class 360 electric trains. As they replace diesel-powered trains on this route, they are reducing carbon emissions by 77% and are quieter for those who live and work near the railway. The Class 360 fleet is comprised of 21 four carriage trains which can be joined together and run as 4, 8 or 12 carriage trains.
EMR Regional services
Our regional services operate between:
- Liverpool to Norwich via Manchester, Sheffield, Nottingham, Grantham, Peterborough and Ely
- Matlock to Derby and Nottingham
- Nottingham to Worksop via Mansfield
- Newark Castle to Crewe via Nottingham, Derby and Stoke-On-Trent
- Peterborough to Doncaster via Lincoln
- Nottingham to Skegness via Grantham
- Cleethorpes to Leicester via Lincoln and Nottingham
- Cleethorpes to Barton on Humber
Connections to Europe
We make it simple to travel to Europe by train. Our partnership with Eurostar means you can travel from eight EMR stations to dozens of European destinations via London St Pancras, paying one fare for the entire journey.
London St Pancras services arrive just steps away from the Eurostar check-in desk. And our early trains from Leicester, Wellingborough and Kettering allow you to arrive into London St Pancras in time to catch the first Eurostar of the day.
Find out more and book tickets at eurostar.com
Trains to UK airports
You can now travel by EMR to the following UK airports:
- Luton Airport (via Luton Airport Parkway) - You can now catch the Luton Airport Express to Luton Airport Parkway and then take a short four-minute connection to Luton Airport on the Luton DART.
- East Midlands Airport (via East Midlands Parkway, Derby, Nottingham and Long Eaton stations)
- Liverpool John Lennon Airport (via Liverpool South Parkway)