What to expect on-board
Our Standard Class travel includes all the services needed for a comfortable, pleasant journey. Here’s what’s included:
- Trolley service for food and drink (on trains to and from London and Liverpool-Norwich services)
- Plug sockets for laptops and mobiles (on Meridian trains to and from London)
- Seat reservations on services to and from London
- Free WiFi (on all intercity services to and from London St Pancras)
- Comfy seats, with tables or tray tables
- Space for luggage
- CCTV on all services
- Friendly on-board staff
- Space for bikes (where space allows and at the discretion of the on-board staff)
- Toilets, including accessible facilities
Food and drink brought to your seat
On trains to and from London and our Liverpool-Norwich services, you can buy hot and cold snacks and drinks from our trolley service without leaving your seat, seven days a week. Choose from hearty sandwiches, treats and snacks plus a full range of drinks, including Starbucks VIA coffee, tea and soft drinks. We also offer alcoholic drinks including wine, beer, cider and spirits.
If your train is too busy for the trolley service to operate, you may need to buy your refreshments from the buffet car.
Plugging in your device
You are welcome to use the on-board plug sockets to charge your phone or laptop if they are available on your train. Meridian trains on our London route have one plug socket available for each pair of seats.
First Class upgrades
If you’re travelling in Standard Class at the weekends you can upgrade to First Class for just £12 each way. You’ll enjoy benefits such as larger seats, refreshments (available from the buffet bar when you show your First Class ticket) and quieter carriages.
You can buy your First Class upgrade on the train. Just ask a member of our on-board staff. The £12 upgrade is subject to availability and isn't available if you’re travelling on an Advance ticket.
Total seats per day by route
|Liverpool to Norwich||0||9,486||0||8,946||0||6,732|