Apprenticeships: Info for Employers
Apprenticeships build capability that drive performance and at East Midlands Railway we offer a fully supported provision as Main Provider that will manage the learner and employer journey from enrollment right through to End Point Assessment.
Your apprentices will have access to world class training facilities in our Training Academy where our class room learning is underpinned by state of the art VR that replicates real life railway situations. We also have a cab simulator so apprentices can learn about train driving in a variety of different circumstances and conditions before they leave our Academy.
- L3 Train Driver
L2 Passenger Transport Operative
As main provider of your apprenticeship we will provide and manage all aspects of the on-programme theory learning. This will be delivered by our professionally qualified trainers who will support your apprentices in building their knowledge, skills and behaviours and professional competence. It will also include;
- Learner registration, on boarding and tracking progress
- Provision of hard copy Rule Book (most current version)
- Management and delivery assessments
- Assistance with Apprenticeship Service Account and Levy where needed
- Recruitment and selection if needed
- Government incentive eligibility checks
- Support for functional skills
- Management of documentation and evidence of competence
- Contract and sub-contract management
- Safeguarding awareness training
- Reporting and Quality Assurance
- Tracking the 20% off the job (OTJ) requirement
- Provide additional learning tailored to the Apprenticeship Standard designed to provide enrichment to the apprentices learning
- Support with Gateway and End Point Assessment
We offer a blended learning approach to the provision of theory which includes tutor led delivery, virtual Reality (VR) and simulation. The learning and assessments are supported on a Virtual Learning Environment (VLE) platform that includes vast amount of learning materials to ensure that apprentices get everything they need to succeed. Our mission room is state of the art immersive technology used for Personal Track Safety (PTS) and scenario based training. We also have 2 cab simulators allowing learners to experience driving a train in a safe environment and controlled environment.
To ensure your apprentice has the best experience possible, as the employer / Line Manager, you will need to:
- Provide your apprentice with an Apprenticeship Mentor from your organisation who will be able to attend tri-partite reviews
- Provide a point of contact to discuss aspects of programme and contract management
- Provide us with a point of contact to map out the on the job element for your organisation so we can track progress and KSB development
- Support your apprentice to complete the development training, these dates are preset per course
- Check that your apprentice is eligible to enroll on this apprenticeship. This means that they have the right to work in England and spend at least 50% of their working hours in England.
- Learner experience is at the forefront of all our developments
- Learning is enabled using state of the art technology to support tutor led and online delivery
- We promote work based and scenario led learning
- Learner feedback is used to inform our continuous improvement plan
- Programme validation carried out by EMR’s Operations Standards Team
- IQA of assessments will be carried out; a cross section of marked papers will be moderated by EMR’s Operations Standards Team
- External Quality Assurance (EQA) will be carried out by Office of Rail and Road (ORR), The Institute for Apprenticeships & Technical Education (IFA) and the Office for Standards in Education (Ofsted)
- All trainers must hold a professional teaching or training qualification.
Costs are agreed per cohort with each employer individually.