We are EMR
We are proud to be one team at EMR.
It is our vision to drive the East Midlands towards a brighter future, working in partnership to connect cities, support communities putting customers at the heart of our sustainable railway.
Six times accredited as a Top Employer, our 2,300 colleagues are the reason why EMR is so successful. Passionate about putting customers at the heart of our sustainable railway, each employee in the business makes a crucial contribution...and it gets better!
Over the coming years we are:
- Investing £600 million bringing customer improvements to our services, trains and stations. In the future this means we’ll be bringing you more seats, more comfort, more often.
- Investing in our people – who make all of this possible.
It is an exciting time to join the EMR team and be part of putting these improvements into action.
We have opportunities across all departments so check out live vacancies on our careers site.
Our values underpin our identity. They demonstrate how we treat our passengers and each other and help us deliver our business vision: Putting customers at the heart of our sustainable railway.
- We are one Team
- We Embrace Diversity
- We Keep People Safe
- We Delight our Customers
- We Do The Right Thing
- Hop on and Off of trains on the EMR network, and TOCs that are part of the Abellio Group for FREE!! You’ll also receive a generous discount on other train operators for you, a partner and dependent children.
- Defined benefit pension scheme from day one.
- Discounted train tickets for Friends & Family.
- Full uniform for customer-facing roles and some Engineering roles.
- Opportunities to volunteer or do charity work in your local community.
- Charity fund matching scheme.
- Exclusive employee discount scheme offering fantastic savings on high-street and online retailers.
- Halfords Cycle2Work Scheme.
- Employee Assistance Programme.
- Awards and recognition prizes for those going the extra mile.
- Employees: 2,300
- Network size: 973 miles
- Stations: 103 Stations
- Current Fleet: Meridian, Class 15x, 170, 360, 180
- New Fleet being introduced in 2022: Bi-mode units - The Aurora Fleet
We embrace diversity at EMR and we’re committed to ensuring both customers and colleagues are treated fairly and are valued equally, irrespective of disability, race, gender, health, social class, sexual orientation, marital status, nationality, religion or belief, employment status or age.
We promote a positive working environment for all current and potential staff, enabling them to enjoy equality of opportunity in the workplace. This is embraced in our values: to create a sense of belonging, to innovate, to be commercially excellent, to be supportive, honest and open with each other. We have 6 employee lead network groups: Racial equality, LGBTQ+, Women, Health and disability, Inclusioneers and Family.
We are six times accredited by Top Employers. We have also partnered up with Inclusive Employers to help drive and deliver our diversity and Inclusion strategy and achieved silver accreditation.
Ready to apply? Check out our application hints and tips.