Trains to Derby
Plan the perfect day out
Welcome to Derby, the UK’s most central city. A friendly place with a truly unique energy, it’s packed with cultural spots, slick shopping districts, historic attractions and more.
Getting there is easy too. Travel direct to Derby with EMR on our regular intercity services from Sheffield, London and Leicester, and on regional services from across our network.
Upcoming events in Derby
Popular trains to Derby
- From London – check trains and buy tickets
- From Sheffield – check trains and buy tickets
- From Nottingham – check trains and buy tickets
The journey from London St Pancras to Derby takes around one and a half hours, and it's just half an hour from Sheffield. Our intercity trains run every 30 minutes from Monday to Saturday.
Planning your travel in advance? You can buy Advance fares up to 12 weeks before you travel to save more on your train tickets. Travelling as a group of three or more? There are group discounts available too.
Derby station facilities
Derby station has all the facilities you need for a simple, stress-free journey
- Fully accessible – wheelchair access, assistance to and from platforms, and hearing loops available
- Food and drinks – there are plenty of places to refuel, with coffee shops, bars and shops in the station
- Parking – there are three car parks available
- WiFi access – free WiFi access available throughout the station