Trains to Lincoln
Discover a charming city
With its cobbled streets, historic landmarks and timber-framed buildings, Lincoln is hard not to fall in love with. And thanks to a wide range of bars, restaurants and contemporary shopping spots, there’s something for everyone.
Things to do in Lincoln
Lincoln Castle is a must-visit. Constructed by William the Conqueror in the 11th century, it’s one of only two castles in the country to have two mottes. Be sure to stop by the 12th-century Lincoln Cathedral, too – a magnificent feat of gothic architecture.
When it comes to shopping, this city has it all. Discover independent boutiques on the cobbled streets of Bailgate, or stop by the vintage shops on the striking Steep Hill. You’ll find all your favourite brands in the city centre, too. There’s also a variety of markets held throughout the week – the Christmas market alone is worth visiting the city for.
Something else Lincoln is known for is its friendly, quaint pubs. Find one of many bars with live music performances, or enjoy a pint or two on the Lincoln Ale Trail.
Popular trains to Lincoln
- From Nottingham – check trains and buy tickets
- From Peterborough – check trains and buy tickets
- From Doncaster – check trains and buy tickets
We run direct regional services to Lincoln from Leicester, Nottingham, Peterborough, and Doncaster. Trains run hourly from Nottingham every day.
Planning your travel in advance? You can buy Advance fares up to 12 weeks before you travel to save more on your train tickets. Travelling as a group of three or more? There are group discounts available too.
Lincoln station facilities
Lincoln station has all the facilities you need for a simple, stress-free journey
- Fully accessible – wheelchair access, assistance to and from platforms, and hearing loops available
- Food and drinks – there are plenty of places to refuel, with coffee shops, bars and shops in the station
- Parking – there are three car parks available