Trains to Liverpool
A city for music and sports fans alike
Whether you’re shopping, uncovering the history of the Fab Four, or even visiting for business, Liverpool has plenty to entertain.
With hourly services on our Liverpool to Norwich route, reaching Liverpool by train is simple and convenient. Lime Street station is located in the heart of the city centre, so you won’t need to travel far to find some of Liverpool’s greatest attractions. Plus, get 2FOR1 on a range of activities when you travel with us.
Liverpool is the perfect destination for music-lovers. Retrace the roots of the world’s biggest band at The Beatles Story museum, or visit the iconic Cavern Club – the site of their first gig.
You can also discover a host of high street favourites and designer shops at Liverpool ONE shopping centre. Treat yourself to a new outfit before hitting one of the city’s many bars or restaurants once the sun goes down. The Albert Dock is the perfect night spot.
Liverpool is also popular with sports fans. Visit two of English football’s favourite stadiums at Anfield and Goodison Park.
- From Chesterfield – check trains and buy tickets
- From Sheffield – check trains and buy tickets
- From Manchester Piccadilly – check trains and buy tickets
We also call at Liverpool South Parkway station – change here for the bus link to Liverpool John Lennon Airport.
Planning your travel in advance? You can buy Advance fares up to 12 weeks before you travel to save more on your train tickets. Travelling as a group of three or more? There are group discounts available too.
With nearly 20 million passengers passing through every year, Lime Street station has all the facilities you could need:
- Fully accessible – wheelchair access, assistance to and from platforms, and hearing loops available
- Food and drinks – there are plenty of options to refuel, with coffee shops, bars and shops in the station
- Parking – you’ll find a short-stay car park and drop-off point on Skelhorne Street. There's also a long-stay car park on Lord Nelson Street
- Bus connections – Stagecoach run frequent bus routes around the city and to nearby towns
- WiFi access – you can find WiFi hotspots throughout Liverpool Lime Street station
Check out the full range of facilities at: