Trains to Nottingham
Book travel and find out what to do in Nottingham
Iconic folklore, concealed histories and cultural activities guarantee plenty of entertainment in Nottingham. And it’s easy to get there by train. We run intercity services to Nottingham from London and Leicester, and direct regional services from across our network.
Book Direct - Unbeatable Fares - No Booking Fees
Save up to 30% when you buy in advance.
Things to do in Nottingham
Explore a network of caves underneath the city, soak up the atmosphere in Old Market Square, or shop until you drop at Victoria Centre – Nottingham truly has something for everyone.
The folklore of Robin Hood awaits in a guided city tour, or a visit to the Robin Hood Experience. You can also sake in some top class culture at the Royal Concert Hall or the Motorpoint Arena. Or, check out one of the country’s most stunning Elizabethan mansions at Wollaton Hall, where you’ll also find an excellent park area.
Nottingham is a great city for dining out in too. Discover a range of independent bars and restaurants, as well as all your favourite chains.
Popular trains to Nottingham
- From London – check trains and buy tickets
- From Leicester – check trains and buy tickets
- From Sheffield – check trains and buy tickets
The train journey between Nottingham and London takes around two hours, with three services running every hour Monday to Saturday.
Planning your travel in advance? You can buy Advance fares up to 12 weeks before you travel to save more on your train tickets. Travelling as a group of three or more? There are group discounts available too.
Nottingham station facilities
Nottingham train station has everything you need for a simple, stress-free journey.
- Fully accessible – wheelchair access, assistance to and from platforms, and hearing loops available
- Food and drinks – there are plenty of places to refuel, with coffee shops, bars and shops in the station
- Parking – you’ll find a 24 hour multi-storey car park on nearby Queens Road
- Station lounge – relax in the First Class Lounge on platform 4/6. The lounge is open to First class ticket holders until 18:00 every weekday
- WiFi access – enjoy free internet access on the station
- Local connections – you can get connections on to the Robin Hood Line and Poacher Line