Trains to Sheffield
Discover a Yorkshire gem
An excellent base for exploring the Peak District or for a fun-filled city visit in its own right – Sheffield has plenty to offer. And getting there has never been easier.
We run two routes through Sheffield – making it an easy journey from destinations including Liverpool, Manchester, Norwich, Leicester and London. The journey from Sheffield to London takes around two hours.
Things to do in Sheffield
Sheffield is a city filled with stunning architecture. Visit Sheffield Cathedral, Chatsworth House, or City Hall to marvel at some impressive man-made structures. Hit the shops along the way – you can visit high street favourites at The Moor, and Fargate. Or, for a full day of retail therapy, hop on a connecting train to Meadowhall shopping centre.
With its many galleries and theatres, Sheffield is packed with culture, too. The Crucible and Lyceum theatres host original productions and world-class touring shows, so check what’s on the programme while you’re in town. The Millennium Gallery and Graves Gallery have great permanent collections and changing exhibitions – with everything from historic fine art collections to contemporary visual art displays.
Just beyond the city limits lies the great outdoors. Sheffield is perfectly placed for travelling to the Peak District – home to some of the most captivating views England has to offer: think valleys, lakes, and rolling fields.
Popular trains to Sheffield
- From London – check trains and buy tickets
- From Manchester – check trains and buy tickets
- From Derby – check trains and buy tickets
Planning your travel in advance? You can buy Advance fares up to 12 weeks before you travel to save more on your train tickets. Travelling as a group of three or more? There are group discounts available too.
Sheffield station facilities
Sheffield train station has everything needed for a simple, stress-free journey.
- Fully accessible – wheelchair access, assistance to and from platforms, and hearing loops available
- Food and drinks – there are plenty of places to refuel, with coffee shops, bars and shops in the station
- Parking – the station car park is located on nearby Turner Street
- Station lounge – relax in the First Class Lounge on platform 5. The lounge is open to all First Class ticket holders, including First Advance
- WiFi access – there's free internet access across the station
- Local connections – train connections are available to the Peak District and Meadowhall