Summer sale - Now ended
Missed our sale?
Book in advance, pay less. You can save up to 30% when you book in advance. Find out more about Advance tickets.
Summer Sale fares will not be available on EMR routes on 27, 30 July, 18, 20, 27, 28 and 29 August.
Summer Sale FAQ's
The Summer Sale tickets will be available for travel from 00:00 on 25 July – 23:59 on 4 September 2022. Tickets must be booked between 00:00 on 18 July – 23:59 on 15 August. The offer is £20 return to/from London in Standard Class and a £40 return for First Class. Tickets must be purchased a minimum of three days in advance of the date of travel.
Travel is available for journeys to/from London. Valid from the following stations:- Matlock, Matlock Bath, Cromford, Whatstandwell, Ambergate, Belper, Duffield, Derby, Sheffield, Chesterfield, Nottingham, Long Eaton, East Midlands Parkway, Loughborough, Leicester, Market Harborough, Kettering, Corby, Wellingborough & London St Pancras.
Tickets must be purchased a minimum of three days in advance of the date of travel.
Unfortunately, no, your full journey must take place between 25 July and 4 September 2022.
Summer Sale tickets will be available on a first-come, first-served basis but will not be limited to one per person.
Summer Sale tickets are not available on all routes, are limited and subject to availability and exclusions. If you can’t find what you’re looking for, it could be that the journey you’re looking for is either already sold out or not included in the sale.
Yes, your ticket can be used for whatever journey purpose you wish, but you are only able to travel on the date and train shown on your ticket or for the journey you booked.
If the train you purchased a ticket for is cancelled or is delayed and you still decide to travel, special arrangements will be made to accommodate you on another train (although a seat cannot be guaranteed). If you choose not to travel, you may apply for a refund on completely unused tickets and you will not be charged an administration fee.
Summer Sale tickets are valid only on the date and train shown on the ticket or for the journey you booked.
Pricing information and refunds
Summer Sale tickets are valid only on the date and train shown on the ticket and are non-refundable. As part of the Book with Confidence scheme, you can amend your date of travel fee free up until 18:00 the day before you travel. Find out more about Book with Confidence.
Customers are eligible for delay repay compensation if they reach their destination more than 15 minutes later than scheduled. You can find information on Delay Repay here. If you choose not to travel at the last minute in the event of train delays or cancellations, you should claim a refund from the place of purchase.
Unfortunately, Railcard discounts will not be valid alongside this promotion.
- Normal Advance ticket T&C’s apply. To learn more about Advance tickets, read the full National Rail terms and conditions for Advance tickets.
- Tickets are limited and subject to availability and exclusions.
- Tickets are only available to purchase online here.
- Book from the 18 July 22 to the 15 August 22 for travel between 25, 30 July 22 and 4 September 22. Exclusion dates 27 July, 18, 20, 27, 28 and 29 August.
- Available for journeys to/from London. Valid from the following stations:- Matlock, Matlock Bath, Cromford, Whatstandwell, Ambergate, Belper, Duffield, Derby, Sheffield, Chesterfield, Nottingham, Long Eaton, East Midlands Parkway, Loughborough, Leicester, Market Harborough, Kettering, Corby, Wellingborough & London St Pancras.
- Tickets are reservation compulsory and travel is limited to the trains booked only.
- Railcard discounts are not applicable.
- Promotional fares will be removed from services 3 days before departure.
- Exclusion days will apply. Summer sale fares are not available on EMR routes on the following exclusion days; 27, 30 July, 18, 20, 27, 28 and 29 August across all routes.
- Promotional ticket availability may be withdrawn at any time at EMR's discretion.
- Tickets are only available in first and standard class.
- Industrial action is out of EMR control so any strike action taking place during the travel period will mean sale tickets are removed on those dates and any tickets sold will be subject to our general ticket terms and conditions.