Missed our sale?
Book in advance, pay less. You can save up to 60% when you book in advance. Find out more about Advance tickets.
Winter Sale FAQ's
If you receive this error message it implies that we have limited availability for that specific journey on that date. Please select another day. Tickets are available up until the 12 February 2023.
The Winter Sale tickets will be available for travel from 00:00 on 11 January – 23:59 on 12 February 2023. Tickets must be booked between 00:00 on 8 January – 23:59 on 22 January 2023. The offer is £20 return to/from London in Standard Class and a £40 return for First Class. Tickets must be purchased a minimum of three days in advance of the date of travel.
Travel is available for journeys to/from London. Valid from the following stations:- Matlock, Matlock Bath, Cromford, Whatstandwell, Ambergate, Belper, Duffield, Derby, Sheffield, Chesterfield, Nottingham, Long Eaton, East Midlands Parkway, Loughborough, Leicester, Market Harborough, Kettering, Corby, Wellingborough & London St Pancras.
Tickets must be purchased a minimum of three days in advance of the date of travel.
Unfortunately, no, your full journey must take place between 11 January and 12 February 2023.
Winter Sale tickets will be available on a first-come, first-served basis but will not be limited to one per person.
Winter Sale tickets are not available on all routes, are limited and subject to availability and exclusions. If you can’t find what you’re looking for, it could be that the journey you’re looking for is either already sold out or not included in the sale.
Yes, your ticket can be used for whatever journey purpose you wish, but you are only able to travel on the date and train shown on your ticket or for the journey you booked.
If the train you purchased a ticket for is cancelled or is delayed and you still decide to travel, special arrangements will be made to accommodate you on another train (although a seat cannot be guaranteed). If you choose not to travel, you may apply for a refund on completely unused tickets and you will not be charged an administration fee.
Winter Sale tickets are valid only on the date and train shown on the ticket or for the journey you booked.
If you have tickets booked for Wednesday 1 or Friday 3 February and would like to travel on a different day instead, you may travel on the day before the date on the ticket or up to and including Tuesday 7 February.
If your train is cancelled or delayed or you choose not to travel due to strike action, tickets can be changed to another date, or they can be returned for a full refund at your point of purchase. No administration fee will be charged. Find out more about ticket changes on strike days here.
Pricing information and refunds
Winter Sale tickets are valid on the date and train shown on the ticket and are non-refundable.
You are eligible for delay repay compensation if they reach their destination more than 15 minutes later than scheduled. You can find information on Delay Repay here. If you choose not to travel at the last minute in the event of train delays or cancellations, you should claim a refund from the place of purchase.
Unfortunately, Railcard discounts will not be valid alongside this promotion.
- Normal Advance ticket T&C’s apply. To learn more about Advance tickets, read the full National Rail terms and conditions for Advance tickets.
- Tickets are limited and subject to availability and exclusions.
- Tickets are only available to purchase online here.
- Book from the 8 January 2023 to the 22 January 2023 for travel between 11 January and 12 February 2023. Winter Sale fares will not be available on EMR routes on 29 January 2023.
- Available for journeys to/from London. Valid from the following stations:- Matlock, Matlock Bath, Cromford, Whatstandwell, Ambergate, Belper, Duffield, Derby, Sheffield, Chesterfield, Nottingham, Long Eaton, East Midlands Parkway, Loughborough, Leicester, Market Harborough, Kettering, Corby, Wellingborough & London St Pancras.
- Tickets are reservation compulsory and travel is limited to the trains booked only.
- Railcard discounts are not applicable.
- Promotional fares will be removed from services 3 days before departure.
- Exclusion days will apply. Winter sale fares are not available on EMR routes on the following exclusion days; 29 January 2023 across all routes.
- Promotional ticket availability may be withdrawn at any time at EMR's discretion.
- Tickets are only available in first and standard class.
- Industrial action is out of EMR control so any strike action taking place during the travel period will mean sale tickets are removed on those dates and any tickets sold will be subject to our general ticket terms and conditions.