Trains to Manchester
Discover the capital of the north
Two of the world’s biggest football teams, some of the most influential bands in music history, the roots of the British suffragette movement – there is plenty of important history to be explored in Manchester.
Getting to Manchester by train is easy and convenient with EMR. Our Sheffield to Liverpool Lime Street services stop at Manchester Piccadilly station, just a few minutes' walk from the centre of the city and the vibrant Northern Quarter. Plus, get 2FOR1 entry to a range of top attractions when you travel with us.
Football fans probably don’t need much direction here – stadium tours or match days at Old Trafford or Etihad Stadium are a must. You can also uncover even more of the beautiful game at the National Football Museum.
You’ll find plenty of tributes to some of the city’s most famous musical exports too – Oasis, Joy Division, The Smiths – but there is still a vibrant music scene in the city, with gigs every night at venues large and small. You might just glimpse the big stars of tomorrow.
The city also has plenty of museums and galleries to explore – from natural history at the Manchester Museum to contemporary works at Manchester Art Gallery and much more in between.
Manchester is a great choice for avid shoppers, too – choose from the designer stores of Spinningfields and the independent boutiques in the Northern Quarter. You also find all your high street favourites.
- From London – check trains and buy tickets
- From Liverpool – check trains and buy tickets
- From Sheffield – check trains and buy tickets
Planning your travel in advance? You can buy Advance fares up to 12 weeks before you travel to save more on your train tickets. Travelling as a group of three or more? There are group discounts available too.
Manchester Piccadilly train station has all the facilities you need for a simple, stress-free journey.
- Fully accessible – wheelchair access, assistance to and from platforms, and hearing loops available
- Food and drinks – there are plenty of places to refuel with coffee shops, bars and shops in the station
- Parking – you’ll find a 24 hour car park at the station
- WiFi access – free WiFi access available throughout the station