Trains to Norwich
Explore a historic city
Considered the capital of East Anglia, Norwich is a thriving city with an important past. Laidback, magnificent to look at and packed with history, it’s a fascinating place to explore.
And getting there is easy with our direct trains from Liverpool, Manchester, Sheffield and Nottingham.
Book Direct - Unbeatable Fares - No Booking Fees
Save up to 30% when you buy in advance.
Things to do in Norwich
There’s plenty for history buffs to discover here, and Norwich Castle is a great place to start. At 900 years old, this landmark is now home to a museum and art gallery. The Museum of Norwich is well worth a visit too – it’s housed in a former prison, and takes you from medieval times to the modern day.
For more history, simply take a stroll along Norwich’s quaint cobbled streets. The half-timbered houses and pastel-coloured walls make for truly memorable scenes. Be sure to stop by Norwich Cathedral to complete your journey back in time.
If shopping is more your thing, you’ll find all your high street favourites in Norwich, as well as a range of independent boutiques in the Lanes. Then there’s the market, boasting 200 stalls, six days a week. For unique craft shops, head to Elm Hill – the city’s most intact medieval street.
Popular trains to Norwich
- From Nottingham – check trains and buy tickets
- From Sheffield – check trains and buy tickets
- From Liverpool – check trains and buy tickets
There's a direct hourly service to Norwich from Liverpool, via Manchester, Sheffield and Nottingham. Change at Nottingham for intercity trains to London and regional services across our network.
Planning your travel in advance? You can buy Advance fares up to 12 weeks before you travel to save more on your train tickets. Travelling as a group of three or more? There are group discounts available too.
Norwich station facilities
Norwich train station has all the facilities you need for a simple, stress-free journey.
- Fully accessible – wheelchair access, assistance to and from platforms, and hearing loops available
- Food and drinks – there are plenty of places to refuel, with coffee shops, bars and shops in the station
- Parking – you’ll find a 24 hour car park at the station
- WiFi access – there's free WiFi access available throughout the station