Find the right train ticket and start travelling today
From Advance and Off-Peak to Season tickets and Rover fares, find the best ticket option for your journey. Simply click each train ticket type to learn more about it, and plan your trip with us.
Travelling in a group of three or more? You could save money when you travel together with our range of group discounts. Find out more about Groupsave and other group travel offers .
Travelling for business? Find out more about business travel with EMR here.
Daily Train Tickets
The train ticket that gives you flexibility and convenience when to travel.
From busy commuter to frequent day-tripper – there’s no such thing as a ‘normal’ schedule. That’s where our convenient Anytime train tickets come in. Here’s everything you need to know.
- Travel at any time of day – including peak times
- Buy tickets up to 12 weeks in advance, right up to just before you travel
- Use Anytime Day tickets up to 04:29 the following day
- Use Anytime Single journey tickets within two days of the date shown
- For Anytime Return trips, take the first journey within five days of the date shown, and return within 28 days
Plan ahead and save money by booking up to 12 weeks in advance.
Our Advance tickets are ideal if you know where and when you’d like to travel. Advance tickets cover our London route, Liverpool to Norwich services, and journeys to and from Skegness.
- Book up to 12 weeks prior to travelling, and no later than 23:59 the day before
- Always travel from the stations and at the specific times shown on your ticket
- If you miss the train you’re booked on, you’ll need to buy a new ticket
- You can only buy Advance tickets for one-way/single journeys
Save even more by travelling at certain times of the day.
Off-Peak and Super Off-Peak train tickets are available on certain routes at specific times of the week, and you can buy them right before you board. Generally, off-peak trains are much quieter.
- You can book up to 12 weeks in advance, or just before you travel
- Only valid on the date shown on your tickets, and up until 04:29 the next day
- Off-Peak and Super Off-Peak tickets are valid at any time, all weekend.
Save money on regular travel
Season tickets are a great option for frequent travellers, if you’re making the same journey at least three or times a week. Valid on all of our train routes, Season tickets can be used on any day within the ticket’s validity period.
Season tickets are available as weekly, monthly, annual or custom period lengths. The longer your Season ticket the more you’ll save compared to buying daily tickets.
A Flexi Season ticket allows eight days of travel in 28 days – any time between two stations, offering flexibility and savings when working fewer days in the office.
We know that for many, spending 5 days a week in the office is a thing of the past. Flexi Season ticket is designed to match modern working habits and provides passengers with greater savings on travel.
Other train ticket types
Unlimited travel made easy
If you’d like to explore multiple locations on our network, or take a long day trip with a few stops along the way, these tickets are ideal. Our Rover tickets give you unlimited travel in a defined area for up to seven days. Or get unlimited one-day travel with our Ranger tickets. You can:
- Hop on and off as much as you like within a certain area
- Use on weekends and off-peak services
- Create your own route
Door to door travel made easy
PlusBus is a bus pass bought as an add-on to your train ticket. Available in 32 towns across our network, you can hop-on and off buses and trams in your chosen PlusBus destination as much as you like all day. Buy it with your train tickets and book your entire journey in one simple transaction.
Park & Ride... and save
Park your car at the station and travel by train. Buy a combined Park & Ride ticket - for your parking and train - when travelling to make super savings. You can buy your Park & Ride ticket at select station booking offices.
Park & Ride tickets are available at:
- East Midlands Parkway
Best times to travel to and from London
Here’s a quick guide to buying the best ticket for your trip to the capital:
Monday to Friday
Arriving into London
- Off-Peak tickets are available on services arriving into London at or after 10:03
- Super Off-Peak tickets are available on services arriving into London at or after 11:36
- Anytime tickets cover you at all times
Going out of London
- Off-Peak tickets cover you from 08:47 - 16:34, and from 18:47 onwards. On Fridays, your outward ticket from London is valid all day from 08:47
- Super Off-Peak tickets cover you from 10:05 - 15:34, and from 18:47 onwards
- Between 16:34 and 18:47, Anytime tickets are the only valid ticket. They cover you at all other times, too
Off-Peak and Super Off-Peak tickets are valid at any time, all weekend
You can book your train tickets at the top of the website with our journey planner and set your journey times.