100 Day deep clean of all EMR stations now underway
- All EMR stations will be thoroughly cleaned in the next 100 days
- Several Main Line stations already complete
- All 90 stations to be completed by early November
- Early-stage of plans to invest £20 million on EMR stations over the next eight years
A 100-day plan to thoroughly clean all 90 EMR stations is now underway.
Cleaning teams will be at stations across the East Midlands between now and early November, thoroughly cleaning public toilets, jet washing platforms, removing chewing gum, cleaning and repainting walls, repairing scuff marks, cleaning windows and removing dirt and rubbish from hard to reach areas.
This is in addition to the ongoing cleaning and maintenance of our stations.
In the most recent National Rail Passenger Survey, 84% of passengers were satisfied with EMR stations - however, there is still more that can be done to make all stations a safe and comfortable environment for the thousands of passengers who use them every day.
Neil Grabham, Customer Services Director, East Midlands Railway, said:
"We know how important the cleanliness of our stations are to our passengers and it is good news that this additional cleaning programme is underway.
"Teams will be out and about across our network in the coming weeks to deliver this additional cleaning to all 90 of our managed stations. However, this is just a small part of our £20 million investment plan to transform stations right across the network so they can become more integral parts of the communities they serve with better and modern facilities right across the network."
The 100-day deep clean programme is just the first step in an eight-year programme to invest over £20 million in stations across the East Midlands, this will include:
- The UK's first 'zero carbon' stations
- Ticket machines and digital information screens at all stations
- Over 1,000 extra cycle spaces
- Over 900 extra car park spaces
- 60 electric vehicle charging points
- Significantly improved passenger spaces to drink, eat, work and relax